Crete carrier corporation started off as a family-owned company in 1966. It was incorporated in Crete, Nebraska. The pilot project began with 6 leased trailers. Since establishment, the company progressed on a consistent basis. Today, the firm has become one of the largest privately held trucking companies in the US.
Crete Carrier operates about 5000 tractors and 13,000 trailers. The firm is fully committed to productivity and safety. So, it hires only qualified drivers and appoints them for specialized roles only. Drivers get many amenities apart from business opportunities. The firm’s operations are supported by associate companies like Shaffer Trucking and Hunt Transportation. With 1,100 tractors and 2,800 refrigerated trailers, Shaffer Transportation safely transports thermally sensitive goods.
In 1973, the firm headquarters shifted to Lincoln, Nebraska. In the next year, Crete Corporation acquired Shaffer Trucking, which is a temperature-sensitive carrier based in Pennsylvania. In 1979, Crete Corporation purchased Sunflower Carriers. In the very same year, a single refrigerated division was established.
In 1987, a new member called Hilt Truck Lines joined the family. Thus, the Dry Van Division was expanded. In 1999, Crete Carrier Corporation entered into an acquisition with Hunt Transportation. Thus, Crete became the owner of a newly established Flatbed and specialized freight division. Oversized equipment or construction material are hauled by Flatbed haul drivers of Hunt Transportation.
- Dry van
- Refrigerated carrier
- Specialized freight
- Drivers hired at Crete Carrier are provided with unique amenities like blood pressure machine, driver’s microwave, driver’s lounge, reading room, wi-fi, etc.
- Drivers are provided the opportunity to become owner-operators.
- Clients are provided full visibility from point A to Point B along with information services like stable contracted freight and load select options.
- Safety driven company with lowest driver turnover rates in the industry
- Equipped with the resources to provide reliable delivery facilities for industry-leading shipping partners.
- Core values of safety, trust, ethical practices, excellence, leadership, respect, and fun-filled work culture.
How to Track Crete Carrier Consignment
Customers can track consignment right from booking to delivery. The system is equipped with load tracking software technology and thus clients are provided with recent updates about the shipment. Customers can also use person login for accessing information including original and signed Bills of Loading (BOL).
The customer will have to enter a valid User Name and Password at Crete Carrier portal to check the shipment status. You may visit this portal page here.
Alternatively, customers can call at (888)486-3691, provide the BOL number and the support team will be able to provide the updated shipment status over the phone.
Head Quarter Address
No-400, North West
56th Street, Lincoln
Nebraska, Zip Code- 68528
- Phone Number: 1-402-475-9521
- Fax Number: 1-402-479-2073
- Website: http://cretecarrier.com/